In keeping with its goal of creating unique and educational experiences, Maruia River Retreat presents a signature culinary event – Wilder: a gastronomic tour of NZ wild game and seafood by Resident Chef Gideon.
Twice a year, Maruia River Retreat shows its wild side – making the most of its bush and river setting to create an ambiance like no other. The next two events are scheduled for:
- 29 October to 1 November 2020
- 14 to 17 January 2021
With New Zealand’s best wild meats highlighted in the cuisine, and special activities that will immerse you in nature, this is an experience not to be missed. Venison, Tar and Wild Pig, prepared in a Kiwi Outdoor Oven, are only a few of the dishes on offer in what is destined to become the definitive wild meat gastronomic experience.
Your Wilder Package includes:
- Three (3) night accommodation in a Master or Luxe Villa with Super King or 2 King Single bed set-up with lush robes, and platinum linens in your own private villa by sweeping views of the river, forest and mountains.
- Welcome gift of a cheese-board spread, offering the best of New Zealand cheeses and snacks.
- Daily continental breakfast, gourmet packed lunches and wilder dinners provided by the Resident Chef Gideon.
- Access to extensive nature trails in the property
- Forest bathing experience in our Stoked Hot Tub, Infrared Chroma-therapy and Finnish sauna
- Unlimited coffee, tea, sparkling and spring water.
- Access to daily yoga classes and guided nature walks (bookings required).
Subject to availability, package pricing starts from:
- Couple Package at the Master Villa (only 2 villas): $3,350*.
- Couple Package at the Luxe Villa (only 5 villas): $2,950*.
Booking Through Fine Travel
Contact Fine Travel to confirm the availability of your preferred dates and villa. Your Fine Travel Consultant can also arrange any transport you may need and liaise with Maruia River regarding any special requirements you may have.
About Maruia River Retreat
New Zealand’s Nature and Wellbeing destination. Relaxed luxury accommodation nestled between Nelson, the West Coast and Christchurch. A beautiful 2-hour scenic drive from Nelson or 3 hours from Christchurch. Fly directly to the estate in a private chartered flight and land on the private 500-metre airstrip with hangar. Or choose to arrive by Helicopter.
Seven beautifully appointed villas entice guests to experience a sense of calm. Each private villa overlooks beech forest or out to the Maruia River. Self-contained should guests prefer to dine in. Two Master Villas offer one bedroom with a separate living room, dining area and spacious deck. Your ensuite has a spa jacuzzi bath and separate walk-in shower. Four Luxe Villas give a private and intimate apartment experience in the middle of the wilderness.
A Yoga lesson is included each day. Enjoy a relaxing massage, sauna and unwind in the outdoor hot tub. At the end of the day relax in the main lodge with a glass of wine. Chef will create delicious cuisine selected from ingredients and produce sourced from the organic kitchen garden and the best that the region has to offer.
Surrounded by 500 acres of exquisite native beech forests, rugged mountain ranges, gardens and terraces, 11kms of nature trails and mountain biking tracks are located on the property. Choose a guided nature walk or a Maruia River rafting journey through the Maruia Gorge and relax with a picnic lunch in this awe-inspiring environment. White water rafting through the Buller Gorge, an exciting jet-boat ride through the Buller River or a walking tour to view the Murchison Flames.